Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014
Birthday Palooza & Last Day of School

So as if watching Paris graduate from elementary school wasn't enough, Sophia turned 10 on Tuesday.  I definitely had to plan lots of little surprises to avoid drowning in "my kids are growing up too fast" tears.  It was Sophia's golden birthday, so we had some serious celebrating to do!


We started the morning with a fun breakfast as we always do on birthdays!  I made donut balloons for my donut-loving birthday girl to go along with our birthday donuts.  They were fun and super easy to make.  I ordered donut shaped balloons in white.  I painted the balloons using acrylic paint and used streamers for the sprinkles.  I cut the streamers to resemble sprinkles and attached them to the balloons using double sided tape.



I met Sophia for lunch at school and brought chocolate cupcakes for her classmates.  It was fun chatting with Sophia and her friends.  It was the last day of school AND there were cupcakes, so I was surrounded by happy, happy kids! 



Marvin comes home from work a couple of hours before the kids get off from school.  We had planned to have a surprise water balloon fight with the kids as soon as they got off the bus.  WELCOME. TO. SUMMER. However, our plans failed miserably.  The balloons we had picked up had holes and kept breaking.  At this point we only had about 30 minutes before the girls came home.  Thank God for Target being so close to our home.  We ran through Target, picked out 4 water guns, and made it home in time to DRENCH our kids to welcome them to summer vacay! 




We finished our day by finally giving the birthday girl the gift we have been so eager for her to receive.  Marvin & I have been dying keeping this secret from Paris and Sophia! We are taking a family vacation to Orlando, FL and going to DISNEY WORLD! We put a couple of Disney shirts, Minnie ears, the movie Frozen, and a note letting her know we were taking her on a magical vacation.  Watch the video below for her reaction. :) I can't wait to experience Disney again, and for the first time through the eyes of my daughters!






3 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a cool idea for the last day of school! I definitely need to remember this for next year! Or maybe a last day of summer/back to school celebration! And dang Sophia is so cute reading that letter! Can't wait for the big Disney recap after your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt - you never cease to amaze me with the fun and creative things you do with your family. Thank you for keeping us in the loop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britt!!!!! I miss you and the girls hope to see you soon and I love your party planning! By the way this is kiya!

    ReplyDelete