Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014
Father's Day Weekend

Our weekend was filled with hanging out by the pool and celebrating the extraordinary man of our house!  Friday night Marvin, Sophia, and I went to a local shopping market to listen to a DJ and have dinner.  It's a really cute area.  There's a fountain, a large yard, and a playground area.  We ate the carryout we picked up while Sophia ran around.  She met some new friends and showed us 386,309,201 cartwheels, backbends, and splits.



We packed a picnic lunch up and headed to the pool on Saturday.  The weather was beautiful and the girls had a blast having swim races and doing flips in the pool.


Sunday we really put the celebrating into gear! I made Marvin his favorite breakfast: cinnamon roll pancakes! The girls and I put together a burger basket full of spices, a patty press, thermometer and patty papers.  It may have been a bit selfish of us because we LOVE his grilled burgers. But he loves grilling, so it equals out. :)


Also, I had the 2nd edition of The Adventures of the McNutts drawn up.  Last year, I used the Superman theme to go along with the Superman Donut Bar.  This year I used Captain Marvel as I recently found out he is actually Marvin's favorite.  Who knew.  I had never even heard of Captain Marvel.  No surprise there.


We ended the day by watching Field of Dreams and snacking on a mini popcorn bar.  I couldn't believe that my baseball-loving husband had never seen Field of Dreams!


We definitely had a fun weekend celebrating our favorite man!  He deserves all of that and more.  Thank you, Marvin, for being such an amazing daddy to our girls!

Photo credit: Amanda Basteen // www.amandabasteen.com


1 comment:

  1. Marvin is the man! You and the girls are very blessed to have him and what an honor for Marvin to sport the title of Daddy! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete