Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Middle School Here We Come

There's been some big accomplishments happening in the McNutt household!  Paris graduated from 5th grade this week and is officially a 6th grader.  It blows my mind how fast the time has gone.  I volunteered during Paris' 5th grade celebration and watching her with her new friends solidified what I already knew in my heart - our kids are resilient, hard working, and most importantly, friendly.  

Paris' graduation ceremony was so sweet.  All of the children were dressed up, the class president spoke, and the kids each walked the stage to receive their certificate of completion.  I was an emotional wreck and then I absolutely lost it when the children began singing Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up".  The song never sounded so sweet.  I literally just hard swallowed thinking about it again.  During the song, the 5th graders stopped singing and tiny voices began to sing.  The kindergarten class came out, sang a verse, and then they all joined in together. The kindergarteners looked so little compared to all the 5th graders.  It's a moment I'll always remember.  So sweet. Paris later told me that they had passed the torch to the kindergarten kids. :)




Congratulations to my sweet Paris!  I'm so proud of the young woman you're growing up to be!

1 comment: