Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014
4th of July Weekend 

Hope everyone had a fun-filled holiday weekend!  Our weekend was filled with celebrating, family, and delicious food!  We had a pretty laid back weekend.  I think we are all still recovering from our Disney trip!

Marvin's birthday is on the 4th of July, so we had double the celebrating to do!  The girls and I cooked breakfast for him, of course!  He's a cinnamon roll lover, so whenever it's his birthday or father's day I try to incorporate his favorite treat somehow by doing a different take on the cinnamon roll.  This year I made Cinnamon Toast Crunch french toast.  It turned out to be so delicious! Normally we don't like french toast because of the texture.  But using thick Texas Toast bread and the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal made the french toast more crunchy/toasty rather than soggy (ew).  

My grandparents were in town this weekend!  As always it was great to see them and spend quality time together.  We had such a good time that we didn't take ONE photo together while they were here.  I'm so bummed that we forgot to take out the camera.

We celebrated the Birthday Boy and Independence Day by firing up the grill and eating cupcakes.  You can't go wrong with that formula. :)

We were invited to our neighbors 4th of July party to watch the fireworks over the lake.  The kids had a blast with all the neighborhood children and we had a chance to meet a lot of our new neighbors!





I'm so thankful that my grandparents were able to visit, see our new home, and spend time with Paris & Sophia.  I'm also thankful for God allowing my husband to see another year.  Happy (belated) birthday to my amazing husband! Your three favorite gals love you so very much! 













1 comment:

  1. Love this! Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family! So glad you guys had a blast celebrating Marvin's birthday and the 4th!

    ReplyDelete