Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015
A Look Back at 2014

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to all that 2015 has in store for our family.  The past year has been a year of growth, trials, triumphs, blessings, and twists & turns.  I am so thankful for God's mercy and grace that has carried me and my family through this year.  Going into 2015, I see great opportunity and growth for all of us.  I wanted to take a look back at my fondest memories of 2014 as I choose to stand happy and in thanks for all of our blessings.

We started off visiting Marvin in Charlotte, NC to ring in the 2014 New Year together.  Marvin later joined us in Iowa when his work was complete in Charlotte and we began finalizing our wedding plans.  In late January, my mom and my sister threw me a beautiful wedding shower.  In February, we celebrated our bachelor/bachelorette parties with our close friends in Vegas!





March 15, 2014 - Marvin & I got married in Iowa!






Our wedding day was magical and then we were off to Cancun for our honeymoon! We had beach days, swam with dolphins, got massages, a barefoot dinner on the beach, took walks on the beach, slept in a cabana, and had the most romantic boat ride under the stars with a lobster dinner.






When we got back, we took Paris, Sophia, and my youngest sister to Mall Of America for a quick getaway and to give my mom a break! She helped tremendously with our wedding and watched the girls while we were honeymooning.



Marvin headed back to Charlotte to look for a house and get back to work while the girls and I stayed in Iowa for a couple more weeks.  We packed up our UHaul and during their scheduled spring break, the girls and I drove 17 hours to Charlotte! I don't think I've ever been so excited to pull into a driveway after that adventure. :)


The girls started school in Charlotte, made new friends at school and in our neighborhood, and worked hard to get into the new routine at a new school. They did awesome and before we knew it, we were shopping for Paris' 5th grade graduation dress. She looked beautiful and we officially had a middle schooler!


We kicked off summer vacation by celebrating Sophia's golden birthday that happened to fall on the last day of school! We surprised her with a trip to Disney World which was the definite highlight of our summer!








When we got back from Disney, we celebrated Marvin's birthday, the 4th of July, and my grandparents came to visit!



The rest of our summer was filled with checking off our McNutt Summer Live List, grilling out, exploring our new city, and a visit from my in-laws!









We found our church home, Elevation, in Charlotte during the summer and participated in Love Week. This week was really life changing for me and I'll be forever grateful for it.  You can read more about my experience here.  Paris attended Student Takeover camp hosted by Elevation.  It was her first time at an overnight camp and she had a great time.  She was able to bond with her youth group and praise with other students her age.




We closed out summer with Paris' birthday celebration, followed by the first day of school.




In early fall, we found that we were expecting a baby in April 2015!
The fall was filled with excitement over our new blessing and our typical fall traditions.  We also got a surprise visit from my sister, Jenna!  The girls dressed up as the iPhone Emoji Girls which I'm still dying over! :)



Paris and Sophia found out in October that they were going to welcome a baby BROTHER in April!



The rest of our year was spent celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Our holiday season was filled with lots of love and memories.












Happy 2015, Friends & Family! We love you!













No comments:

Post a Comment